- Download the ZIP archive from github (do not unpack it after downloading)
- Open Blender and go to: Edit > Preferences > Add-ons > Press "Install..." button
- Browse to the location of the ZIP and select it, then press "Install Add-on"
- Enable the addon by pressing the checkbox
You can get the latest state of the addon and easily update it with git
- Get Git
- In blender, set the scripts-path under Preferences->File Paths->Data->Scripts (e.g. ~/blender_scripts)
Open your scripts_folder
Create an addons folder
mkdir addons cd addons
- Clone the addon repository
git clone https://github.com/hlorus/CAD_Sketcher.git
- Blender will now automatically load addons from that path
CAD Sketcher heavily depends on the solvespace python module and won't be functional without it.
Inside the addon's preferences check the "Solver Module" tab to see if the module is already available, otherwise follow one of the guides below.
Supported Blender Installation: Blender can be installed through package managers, installing external python packages with such installations might not be possible.
It's recommended to use the addon with Blender installed from the official website.
- Press "Install from PyPi"
- Wait for the process to finish
- Download the appropriate *.whl file here (make sure the python version matches the one from your blender installation)
- Choose the file in the filepath selector
- Press "Install from local File"
There are multiple reasons why the installation might fail. Try the following:
- If you're on windows start blender as administrator when installing the dependency
- If you've installed blender through a package manager try again with a version from blender.org
- Check the application's output in the system console for any warnings or hints to find out why it's failing
- Ask for help
- Simply redo the installation steps with the latest addon version
- Delete the old version from the addons list under Edit > Preferences > Add-ons
If you've cloned the addon with git you can easily update it:
- Open the addon folder in a terminal
- Pull the changes